Wednesday 15 December 2010

Holidays are Coming

Two vital ingredients of my christmas have arrived chez byrne.
009
I never used to like Champagne. Now, I definitely do, but I can't help thinking that it would not be a good idea to drink it a bottle at a time by myself when I have to get up at 5.30am from the 25th-29th for my volunteering.

I now have a sponsorship page for Crisis at Christmas so if you have a pound to spare...that's the page. It would be lovely to raise £100 and I have £20 online and £20 offline already so literally £1 will be appreciated.

Thanks for your kind wishes and thoughts about my poor relationship. It's really meant a lot. Fortunately, whatever the tragedy, one can at least attempt to knit through it. And with a friend with a first baby due in January this is what I have been working on the last week or so.
010
I'm thinking toggles for the buttons with i-cord loops to fasten them. The pattern is a free one from Pure & Simple whose patterns are....pure and simple. Nuff said. Top down and seamless with lots of scope for adding flourishes if you want to.

Along with the champagne, muppets and the slow-cooked gammon I have planned, I happened to be in Fortnum and Mason on Monday when I saw these little gems. I adore marzipan fruits.
Christmas Pudding Marzipan Fruits 1
Normally I am a traditionalist and like them to actually look like fruit, but I couldn't resist these.
Christmas Pudding Marzipan Fruits 2
Sadly I had to open the box to take the photo and...they're half gone. But I will be strong! At least one will make it to xmas day itself ;)

1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

Champagne, marzipan and muppets Xmas Carol is just about the best way I can think of spending the season. Well done you for volunteering your time to such a good cause, I hope you find it a great experience.