Saturday 3 December 2011

On the 3rd day of christmas...

Today was the day of the big race.
5k santa run for the stroke association
My friend Steve had also agreed to do it and was running despite an ankle injury.
5k santa run for the stroke association
We were supported by my lovely bf and a number of other santas and their families. I think there were about 200 of us all together.
5k santa run for the stroke association
Flash took most of the photos so these are just a couple from my phone, but it was pretty awesome even though the first half was UPHILL! I have carefully mapped my runs to date so that they are on level ground so that was a bit of a shocker. But still, a mere 40 minutes after starting I was back again and medalled up. Oh yeah. AND we raised £155 - thanks to everyone who sponsored me and plenty of time left if you still want to. Click here for the JustGiving page.

I got home a little while ago utterly exhausted and a bit cold to find the Decree Absolute waiting for me. For those lucky people among you not up on divorce jargon - the decree nisi is permission from the Court to get divorced after they have accepted your evidence. The decree absolute is when the marriage is formally dissolved.
Civilized Divorce
So for the first time since 1st August 2007 I'm single. I'll be honest - it's a bit weird.

1 comment:

Heather said...

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Well done on the race!