Thursday 19 June 2014

A Spot of Making

The two Sew Together bags I blogged about last week are now finished.
Patchwork Sew Together Bag
The buttons disguise where my patchwork came out just a teeny bit short and didn't meet the binding.
018
Not that it takes much to prompt me to add a button to something. The velvet one is a present.
Patchwork Sew Together Bag
She's going on holiday at the weekend so I thought it might come in handy.
Patchwork Sew Together Bag
I'm not sure what to use mine for yet.
Patchwork Sew Together Bag
I deliberately used colours outside my usual palette but while I'm very happy with it, it is a little more butch than I'd usually go for. I think it's the black.

I also found a moment to spit out another frame bag so I could recheck the process for my workshop next month.
Red Frame Bag
Red Frame Bag
Red Frame Bag
The organiser is thrilled and I am pretty happy with it.

Lastly, this is what I am most proud of this week:
Tomato Plants 17 June 2014
I know Rachel is also sprouting and in fact is a week or so ahead of me. Things 'growing' is something that has always fascinated me. Babies to adults, crystals in jars, tomatoes - it is all as one in the part of my mind labelled "wow". I am fully aware of all the science behind it but still....wow. That one was only about a day old and had gone from this in that time:
Tomato Plants 17 June 2014
Can you see it? Where the yellow flower had just dropped off and there's a tiny little bump? Amazing. I mean - cells, water, nutrition, but still...so cool.


1 comment:

Penny said...

I love the bags! I hope my sewing skills get to a stage where I can do things like that too!