Sunday 23 November 2014

A Few Finishes

Some little projects have been finished this week. First, a few xmas presents for my ickle niece. For her dressing up box...
Untitled
Instant Rapunzel - as modelled by yours truly. Then a little superhero cape with elastic at the wrists and a velcro neck band.
Untitled
A metre of satin type stuff in chartreuse green sewn double did for that one. Then for her toy collection, a drawstring bag for her plastic fruit and veg.
Untitled
Untitled
Then one of my tops sustained a teriyaki stain and needed another patch.
Untitled
You can see the first bit at the bottom of the picture. And finally, I completed one of the two kits I bought at the Yokohama Quilt Show.
Japanese house pin cushion - front
Japanese house pin cushion - side
I sewed it all by hand and am very happy with it! I just don't know if I'll be able to bring myself to stick pins in it...

I also get to share a finish from a month or two ago.
Deb's cross stitch framed
This cross stitch was made for my cousin's birthday and she's sent me a photo of it hanging in situ, where it looks very comfortable! It comes from the same book as this one...
Deb's cross stitch framed
...which I used as a prop for my cross stitch workshop just yesterday.


2 comments:

Carla said...

Great finishes! Love the Repunzel wig. You model it well.

Ruth said...

What's the book with the cross stitch? It is so pretty!